- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Chicken Breasts And Herbed Eggplant With Thyme Cream Sauce Recipe
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Summer savory sprig||1|
|Whole chicken breasts||3 Pound, skinned, boned, and halved (Three 1 Pound Each Pieces)|
|Eggplant||1 Large, ends trimmed off, cut into 4 slices lengthwise|
|Rosemary||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Dried oregano||2 Tablespoon, crumbled|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Pancetta slices||2 (Italian bacon)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Pearl onions||1 Pound, boiled for 30 seconds, peeled, and cut in half length-wise|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped thyme||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 651 Calories from Fat 314
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55%
Saturated Fat 20.2 g101.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 244.2 mg
Sodium 929.5 mg38.7%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 7 g27.8%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 58 g116.6%
Vitamin A 40% Vitamin C 45.7%
Calcium 23.4% Iron 32.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, half the oil, and the soy sauce, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Stir to mix well.
2) Pound or bruise the herbs lightly to release their oils, and mix into the marinade. Let stand, covered, 3 to 4 hours at room temperature, stirring occasionally.
3) In a shallow baking dish, place the chicken breasts. Prick both sides with a fork or the tip of a paring knife.
4) Strain the marinade and pour over the chicken, coating both sides well. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.
5) Brush the eggplant slices on both sides with the reserved marinade. Sprinkle on the rosemary, oregano, and salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
6) Cut the pancetta into 1/4-inch pieces.
7) In a sauté pan, sauté the pancetta in the olive oil over medium heat until well browned. Add the onions and continue cooking over low heat until they are translucent.
8) Add the thyme sprigs and cream to the onion mixture. Reduce over medium heat by one quarter, season with black pepper and set aside.
9) Prepare a charcoal fire. When the fire is glowing with a layer of white ash, place the eggplant slices around the outer rim of the grill so they are not directly over the coals. Grill the eggplant until slightly blackened and soft but not mushy, watching carefully so they do not burn. Turn once during grilling.
10) Remove the chicken from the marinade. Let the chicken stand at room temperature half an hour before grilling.
11) Place the chicken over the grill at 6 to 8 inches from the coals. Grill for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes, until done.
12) Thoroughly heat the sauce.
13) Use individual plates to place the eggplant slices. Spoon the sauce and with chicken breasts. Finally sprinkle with the chopped thyme. Serve the remaining sauce on the side.