- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Chicken and Eggplant 'Parmesan-ish' Stacks Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Zucchini||1 Large, slice|
|Eggplant||1 Medium, slice|
|Yellow squash||1 Medium, slice|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), mince|
|Oilve oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Poultry seasoning||3 Tablespoon (Tuscan Grill Rub, as required)|
|Red chili flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||150 Gram|
|Parmesan cheese||150 Gram|
|Sea salt||2 Tablespoon (for curing the vegetables)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
Calories 1411 Calories from Fat 600
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106.8%
Saturated Fat 27.6 g137.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 307.6 mg
Sodium 6582.1 mg274.3%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.2%
Dietary Fiber 21.9 g87.5%
Sugars 21.7 g
Protein 140 g279%
Vitamin A 46.5% Vitamin C 72.2%
Calcium 159.7% Iron 73.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, mix together olive oil and garlic.
2. Place chicken pieces on the working area. Spread the garlic, olive oil mixture on it.
3. Also, spread mixture on veggies.
4. Season chicken and veggies with Tuscan grill mix. Sprinkle on both sides.
5. Sprinkle chili flakes and keep it aside.
6. Place the veggies on the grill, at very high heat, and given them a quick sear.
7. Then place the chicken piece on grill. Flip and cook until brown.
8. Remove chicken pieces and veggies from grill.
9. Place them in layers, with cheese between all the layers.
10. Finish with a cheese layer on top.
11. Place them again on the grill. Just make it warm so that the cheese melts.
12. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top, and serve grilled chicken with pasta.
Slice squash, zucchini, and eggplant lengthwise about a 1/4 –inch or so.
Lay them on a kitchen towel, and sprinkle sea salt on top. Allow it to rest for half an hour.
Then using a towel dab the moisture out of them, and now they are ready for perfect grilling.
Cut the chicken piece into half and then flatten them in thin slices.
If you do not have Tuscan grill then you may use a mixture of salt pepper, and thyme.
Do not overcook the chicken. Slightly underdone is perfect.
You may use any kind of cheese. Spicy jack cheese will make the dish a little spicy.