- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Chicken and Apple Sandwich Recipe Video
|Apple||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken breast||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked and shredded|
|Whole grain hamburger buns||4|
|Mustard sauce||2 Tablespoon (sweet onion flavour)|
|Carrots||1 Small, sliced|
Calories 1187 Calories from Fat 224
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.2%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.1 mg5.7%
Sodium 2236 mg93.2%
Total Carbohydrates 180 g59.9%
Dietary Fiber 21.2 g84.6%
Sugars 30.4 g
Protein 61 g121.6%
Vitamin A 86.4% Vitamin C 8.2%
Calcium 46.1% Iron 94.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a plate, arrange the bread slices, spread the mayo on both sides of the slices, place the chicken slices and top with the mozzarella cheese.
2. Cover the sandwich with the mozzarella side down and place it in the panini press. Grill the sandwich until golden brown or until the cheese has melted
3. Take 2 more slice of the bread and spread the mustard sauce over both the slices evenly. Place the chicken pieces over the mustard and top it with the cheddar cheese and 1 tablespoon of the apple slices.
4. Cover the sandwich with the top slice mustard side down and place it in the panini press. Grill the sandwich until golden brown or until the cheese has melted.
5. Serve the grilled chicken sandwiches with low fat chips or carrots.