- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Spicy Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
|For the spicy balsamic vinaigrette|
|Beef stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Coriander seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fennel seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the beef|
|Beef tenderloin||2 Pound, cut into 4 pieces|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1421 Calories from Fat 646
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g111%
Saturated Fat 21.5 g107.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 516.6 mg
Sodium 694.4 mg28.9%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 172 g344.1%
Vitamin A 35.6% Vitamin C 6.3%
Calcium 21.6% Iron 77.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, bring to boil the stock, wine, vinegar, coriander, fennel, cayenne, paprika, cumin and thyme over high heat.
2) Simmer and let the liquid reduce to about a cup. Let cool.
3) In a blender, blend the liquid and while it is processing, slowly pour in the oil. When the liquid has emulsified, add in salt, pepper, sugar and continue blending till combined.
Add a tablespoon of water water if the vinaigrette appears too thick.
4) Add the vinaigrette back into the saucepan and let it remain warm until serving time.
5) Rub the tenderloins with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
6) Spoon some of the warm vinaigrette into the centre of each plate and spread it out neatly.
7) Place the tenderloin on top of the vinaigrette and serve immediately.