- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Artichokes Recipe Video
|For the artichokes|
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red chili peppers||2 Medium|
|Bay leaves||3 Medium|
|Garlic cloves||3 Medium|
|Red pepper||1 Teaspoon, crush|
|For the marinade:|
|Olive oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Crushed red pepper||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 424 Calories from Fat 322
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.9%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1543 mg64.3%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.5%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 56.9%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut of 3/4th of the stem of the artichoke and peel off a couple of rows of leaves.
2) Next, trim 3/4th of the side from the top of the artichoke.
3) Place the artichokes in a large pot with the top side down. Make sure the artichokes all fit snug so they don't move around in the pot.
4) Add 4 cups of chicken broth and add enough water to just cover the artichokes up to 2 inches in the pot.
5) Add the dry red chili peppers, bay leaves, garlic cloves, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper to taste.
6) Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer for 25 minutes.
7) Once cooked, remove and halve the artichoke through the middle, then using a spoon, scoop out the fuzzy flesh in the middle along with some of the leaves. You only want to grill the succulent leaves. Repeat for all 4 artichokes.
8) For the marinade: In a bowl, add the olive oil, water, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper to taste, then mix well to emulsify.
9) Smear the artichokes with the marinade and place over a grill for about 6 minutes, turning after 3 minutes.
10) Plate and serve with the dipping sauce and wine.