- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Griestorte with Pears Recipe
|Caster sugar||8 Ounce|
|Lemon||1 , juiced and grated rind|
|Fine semolina||4 Ounce|
|Ground almonds||1 Ounce|
|Double cream||3⁄4 Pint|
|Caster sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla essence||3 Drop|
|Dessert pears||6 (Ripe)|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon (To Finish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4095 Calories from Fat 1956
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 217 g334.6%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1268.9 mg423%
Sodium 432 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 483 g161.1%
Dietary Fiber 35.5 g142%
Sugars 337 g
Protein 63 g126.5%
Vitamin A 33.7% Vitamin C 137.4%
Calcium 29.5% Iron 49%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease the base of the sandwich tins and line with greaseproof paper.
2) Grease the greaseproof paper and the sides of the tins.
3) Dust with caster sugar and then flour.
4) Heat the oven at 350° F or Mark 4.
5) In two bowls, separate egg whites and yolks.
6) Add sugar to the yolks and whip with a wooden bowl spoon till color turns light.
7) Squeeze in lemon juice and continue beating till mix turns thick. (If using an electric mixer, combine the yolks, sugar and lemon juice and beat till thick.)
8) Mix in the grated lemon rind, semolina and ground almonds.
9) Hand beat the egg whites till stiff and with a metal spoon and fold into the lemon mix.
10) Transfer to the tins, and place in oven for 40-50 minutes.
11) While baking, the high proportion of eggs will cause the mix to temporarily rise a lot.
12) Do not open the oven door for the initial 25-30 minutes.
13) Cool the cake and split and fill with vanilla-flavored sweet whipped cream.
14) Dust with icing sugar.
15) Garnish with sliced pears and grated chocolate.