- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Griddled Mackerel Supper Recipe Video
|New potatoes||1 Pound, washed|
|Parsley||10 Gram, chopped|
|Lemon zest||2 Teaspoon|
|Lime zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|For tomato sauce|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Celery stalk||2 , chopped|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Pepper||To Taste, grounded|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Worcester sauce||1 Dash|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 676 Calories from Fat 387
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 869.4 mg36.2%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g16.9%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.5%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 26 g52.8%
Vitamin A 36% Vitamin C 128.3%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, pour in olive and let it warm up. Toss in the celery and cook for 3 minutes.
2. Toss in the chopped onions and sauté for 5 minutes until the onion softens.
3. Add ground pepper powder, chopped tomatoes, a dash of Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar, stir, and simmer the sauce for 20 minutes.
4. In another pan, bring about 3 cups of water to a boil and toss in the potatoes, one at a time and cook for 20 minutes until soft.
5. In a bowl, take lemon and lime zest and squeeze fresh lime and lemon juice into it respectively. Add in 1 tbsp. olive oil, honey, and Dijon mustard and give it a good stir.
6. Dunk the filet in the sauce and leave it in for 10 minutes.
7. Warm up a pan grill, sprinkle remaining olive oil into it and let it heat.
8. Now place the marinated filets in the pan. Flip the sides to avoid it from burning. You may add some more sauce to it to retain the moisture.
9. In a bowl, take the boiled potatoes, add chopped parsley and butter to it, and give a good stir.
10. To assemble the dish, place a bed of boiled potatoes, place the seared fish on top, serve the sauce on the sides and your dish is good to be served.