- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Griddle Cakes Recipe
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||5 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shortening/Oil||6 Tablespoon, melted|
Calories 231 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.2%
Trans Fat 1.2 g
Cholesterol 46.8 mg
Sodium 617.8 mg25.7%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.68 g2.7%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 5 g10.6%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 24.5% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
2. In another bowl, beat eggs.
3.Add milk, shortening and flour mixture, stirring until well-blended.
4. Heat griddle or heavy frying pan slowly until moderately hot.
5. Test temperature by sprinkling few drops of water on it.
6. When drops stay round and bounce about, temperature is right.
7. Grease very lightly before baking each batch.
8. Ladle or pour about 1/4 cup batter for each cake onto hot griddle.
9. Bake until top side is full of bubbles that begin to break and edges are dry. Then, turn and brown on other side.
10. Allow it to cool for 15 minutes.
11. Turn it out on a platter.
12. Cut into triangles and serve.