- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gremolata Mashed Potatoes: On the Side #10 Recipe Video
|Russet potatoes||4 (peeled & cut into medium pieces)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (regular or non-fat)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Minced garlic cloves||1|
|Kosher salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Zest of lemon||1|
|Flat leaf parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), mince|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 401 Calories from Fat 232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.8%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.4 mg
Sodium 312 mg13%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 6 g11%
Vitamin A 26.3% Vitamin C 49.3%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Put potatoes in pot of cold water. Place on high heat with lid on top and bring to a boil.
2. Once boiling, remove lid, turn heat down to a medium and cook for 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
3. While the potatoes are cooking, mix garlic and kosher salt in small bowl. Stir in the lemon zest, parsley and olive oil and set aside, this will be your gremolata.
4. When potatoes are done, drain in a strainer and put back into the cooking pot, over the warm burner.
5. Stir the potatoes with a large spoon until they seem quite dry. Mash with a potato masher to break up large bits of potato, then add butter, sour cream & gremolata. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve the potatoes with your favorite main dishes and enjoy!