- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Rice Casserole Recipe
|Dehydrated onion flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Dehydrated parsley flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Dehydrated sweet pepper flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Precooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan and romano cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Buttered bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 333 Calories from Fat 213
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.5%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g34.1%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 99.3 mg33.1%
Sodium 785.2 mg32.7%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 15 g30.5%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 27.1%
Calcium 43.9% Iron 30.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at (350°F.)
2. Rehydrate onion flakes, parsley flakes and pepper flakes as directed on package.
3. Cook rice as per package directions.
4. Lightly butter a 1-quart casserole.
5. In large-sized mixing bowl, combine rice, egg, oil, milk and salt.
6. Stir in rehydrated onion, parsley and green pepper and then stir in 1 cup of the cheese and pour into casserole.
7. Mix remaining cheese with bread crumbs and sprinkle on top of casserole.
8. Bake in the moderate preheated oven until sauce is thickened and top is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
9. Serve the casserole with garnish as desired.