- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Chili Dip Recipe
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned green chilies||4 Ounce|
|Solid packed tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Monterey jack cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1228 Calories from Fat 783
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g149.8%
Saturated Fat 55.6 g277.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 304.5 mg101.5%
Sodium 3185.2 mg132.7%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.4%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 62 g123.8%
Vitamin A 99.4% Vitamin C 111.3%
Calcium 174.9% Iron 26.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a s saucepan, cook onion in the butter over medium heat, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
2. When onions are soft, stir in chilies, tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
3. Simmer the sauce until most of liquid has evaporated.
4. Add cheese, and continue stirring over low heat, until cheese is melted
5. Spoon into a dip bowl.
6. Serve hot with corn chips or with a variety of raw vegetables.