- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Salad with Peanut Dressing Recipe
|Unsalted peanuts||3 Tablespoon|
|Romaine lettuce||1 Small, cut crosswise into 8 slices|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm), separated|
|Cucumber||1 Small, finely diced|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 311 Calories from Fat 232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 133.8 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 65.5% Vitamin C 30.4%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large salad bowl combine the watercress sprigs, finely diced cucumber and sliced romaine lettuce.
2) In a medium bowl add the peanut butter, beat in the oil gradually until smooth and glossy.
3) Beat in the sugar and vineger until well blended and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
4) In the salad bowl add the peanuts and raisins, pour over the dressing and gently toss until the salad is well coated with the dressing.
5) Serve immediately on a nice plate.