- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Pepper Cole Slaw Recipe
|Shredded cabbage||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 280 Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.5%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.6 mg
Sodium 642.2 mg26.8%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 3 g5.5%
Vitamin A 63.1% Vitamin C 139.9%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl, toss cabbage, pepper and carrot with the seasonings. Keep aside until ready to serve.
2. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar and celery seed.
3. Use a fork to whisk the dressing until well blended.
4. Just before serving, add the dressing to the vegetables.
5. Use two salad spoons to toss the salad so that the vegetables are coated with the dressing.
6. Line a salad bowl with greens or arrange greens on individual salad plates.
7. Mould the tossed salad on the greens.
8. Arrange pepper rings on top.
9. Serve immediately.