- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Peas With Mint And Orange Recipe
|Green peas/2 packages, 10 ounce each, frozen peas, cooked by package directions||3 Pound, shelled and boiled|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely shredded orange rind||2 Tablespoon (Or Slivered, Use Only The Orange Part)|
|Minced mint/1 teaspoon mint flakes||2 Tablespoon (Use Fresh)|
Calories 259 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.2%
Saturated Fat 5 g25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg
Sodium 176.5 mg7.4%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g50%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 13 g25.3%
Vitamin A 44.1% Vitamin C 165.2%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, melt the butter.
2. Add orange rind and sauté for, 2-3 minutes until the flavor is infused into the butter.
3. Add the boiled and drained peas and toss well until well heated.
4. Take pan off the heat.
5. Season peas with salt and pepper and scatter the chopped mint.
6. Toss well to mix.
7. Empty into a serving bowl
8. Serve warm.