- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Peas And Dumplings Recipe
|Fresh green peas||3 Pound|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Refrigerated biscuits||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Onion salt||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2925 Calories from Fat 1213
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 138 g211.7%
Saturated Fat 72.7 g363.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 281.3 mg
Sodium 6649.4 mg277.1%
Total Carbohydrates 332 g110.5%
Dietary Fiber 71.8 g287.3%
Sugars 107 g
Protein 102 g203.6%
Vitamin A 270.8% Vitamin C 911.1%
Calcium 82.4% Iron 152.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Shell the peas and wash them.
2) Drain out the water.
3) Take a pan and add salt and pepper to the water.
4) Bring it to a boil before adding the peas.
5) Simmer for 5 minutes.
6) Take a heavy saucepan and melt butter in it.
7) Add flour and stir continuously over low heat cooking for a minute.
8) Add milk slowly and stir continuously while cooking over moderate heat until mixture thickens and turns bubbly.
9) Add the sauce to the peas.
10) Place biscuits on top and sprinkle with onion salt.
11) Place cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the biscuits get done.
12) Serve as required.