- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Pea, Lettuce And Onion Pate Recipe
|Shelled peas||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Lettuce||1 , shredded|
|Onions||4 Ounce, blanched|
|Button onions||4 Ounce, peeled and blanched (100 Gram)|
|Wholemeal flour||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Curd cheese||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Cheese curd||4 Ounce|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Raw cane sugar/Honey||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar in the raw||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1066 Calories from Fat 555
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.8%
Saturated Fat 34.9 g174.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 553.8 mg
Sodium 555.1 mg23.1%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32%
Dietary Fiber 25.7 g102.8%
Sugars 23 g
Protein 40 g79.4%
Vitamin A 411.4% Vitamin C 294.4%
Calcium 33% Iron 62.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan, put in the peas, lettuce and onions
2. Add enough water to cover the vegetables
3. Cook for 20 minutes or till the vegetables are tender
4. Drain the vegetables and set the cooking liquid aside
5. Reheat the cooking liquid to boiling point
6. Make a butter paste by mixing the softened butter with the flour
7. Add the butter paste to the cooking liquid little by little
8. The liquid will start to thicken
9. As it thickens, whisk the sauce so that it is perfectly smooth and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
10. In another bowl, beat the eggs and blend them with the curd cheese.
11. Mince or mash the peas, lettuce and onion mixture to a puree with the sauce. Add this to the egg mixture and stir well.
12. Add seasoning and the sugar.
13. Reheat the mixture until it begins to bubble
14. Ensure that the mixture is stirred constantly. The heat will cook the eggs, binding the pate.
15. Cool and chill and
16. Serve with wholemeal bread, or serve hot on snippets of fried wholemeal bread.