- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Onion Pancakes Recipe
|Boiling water||250 Milliliter|
|Cold water||80 Milliliter|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4370 Calories from Fat 1697
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 192 g295.9%
Saturated Fat 32.4 g162%
Trans Fat 7.9 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2456.2 mg102.3%
Total Carbohydrates 573 g191.1%
Dietary Fiber 20.9 g83.5%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 78 g155.6%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C 13.5%
Calcium 13.5% Iron 195.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly. Roll into a sausage shape about 2" (5 cm) in diameter. Divide dough into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
3. Lightly coat your hand with sesame oil. Flatten each ball and roll into a 6" (15 cm) round pancake. Into each pancake rub 1 teaspoon shortening and sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 ml) salt and 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 ml) finely chopped green onion.
4. Roll up each pancake tightly and press ends to seal. Coil into a snail-shape, tucking the outer end into the center of the dough. Flatten coil and roll into a 1/21 (0.5 cm) thick pancake.
5. Brush a hot skillet with 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) oil, place in pan and cover immediately. Fry 3 minutes until golden brown and puffy. Brush pancake again with oil, turn, cover skillet and fry 3 minutes more.
6. Repeat with remaining pancakes and oil.