- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Lentil Salad Recipe Video
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Green lentils||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sherry wine vinegar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||4 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Pine nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Toasted)|
|Fresh parsley||3 Tablespoon, minced|
Calories 1506 Calories from Fat 580
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g103.7%
Saturated Fat 7 g35.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 534.3 mg22.3%
Total Carbohydrates 166 g55.3%
Dietary Fiber 76.6 g306.6%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 70 g140.4%
Vitamin A 46.1% Vitamin C 78.9%
Calcium 20% Iron 127.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, pour water and let it boil, once boiled pop in the green lentils, let it cook for 20 minutes until they are tender.
2. Once the lentils are cooked, drain them , rinse them with cool water and shake of any extra water.
3. Put the lentils into a large bowl and pour in Sherry wine vinegar, salt and olive oil and stir that all up and set it aside.
4. Add the scallions and garlic.
5. In a pan, toast the pine nuts, add it to the lentil salad , give it a good mix and let it sit for 15 minutes.
6. Serve this salad with a topping of chopped parsley.