- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Eggs And Ham Recipe Video
|Ham slices||1 Ounce, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Spinach leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Cottage cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooking spray||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 284 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.6%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 447 mg
Sodium 552.8 mg23%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.35 g1.4%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 26 g52.2%
Vitamin A 40.3% Vitamin C 7.4%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan on high heat, add the ham pieces and stir fry for about 5 - 7 minutes or until golden brown. Once done, remove pieces from the pan and set aside to cool.
2. Take a bowl, add the eggs and beat them well with a whisk until no streaks of egg white is seen.
3. To the above add the spinach leaves, cottage cheese, fried ham pieces and mix until well combined.
4. Take a medium sized non stick pan, spray it with some cooling spray and set it on medium high heat.
5. Once it starts heating up, pour in the egg-ham mixture and stir occasionally making sure it doesn't set like an omelette. Let this cook on medium low heat for about 6 - 7 minutes or until cooked.
6. Serve this green eggs and ham hot with a slice of toasted brown bread and orange juice.