- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Chili and Cheese Enchiladas Recipe
|Green chilies/6 canned chilies, rinsed, drained, and patted dry||6 Large, roasted, peeled and seeded (Medium-Hot, Fresh)|
|Romaine lettuce head||1 Small|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) (Small Clove)|
|Corn oil||3 Tablespoon (Approximately)|
|Farmer cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn tortillas/12 frozen tortillas||12 , thawed|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Pound|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2789 Calories from Fat 1375
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 156 g240.7%
Saturated Fat 71.5 g357.4%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 314.1 mg
Sodium 1639.1 mg68.3%
Total Carbohydrates 264 g87.8%
Dietary Fiber 21.8 g87.1%
Sugars 26.8 g
Protein 96 g191.5%
Vitamin A 815% Vitamin C 1253.5%
Calcium 172.2% Iron 103.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Prepare chillies and keep aside.
2) Clean lettuce, tear 4 leaves into small pieces and keep aside the rest.
3) Clean coriander leaves and chop coarsely.
4) Skin garlic cloves and chop coarsely.
5) Clip scallion greens and keep aside the whites. Cut greens into 1/8-inch-thick rounds.
6) In a small bowl, crumble farmer cheese.
7) Cut radish decoratively.
8) To prepare the sauce, mix chilies, Romaine leaves, coriander, garlic, and 1 tablespoon oil in processor fitted with metal blade. Blend the mixture coarsely.
9) In a baking dish pour one third of chili sauce and coat the base of the dish evenly with it.
10) Combine scallions, sour cream, and half of remaining chili sauce to it.
11) Fill the tortillas with farmer cheese mixture, spooning lengthwise slightly off center.
12) From the sides, roll into enchiladas. In a baking dish place seam-side-down.
13) In a small bowl, put remaining corn oil. Mix with pastry brush, batter enchiladas coating on all side. 13) Cover up with aluminum foil and set in upper level of 400-degree oven to bake for 10 minutes.
14) In a saucepan over low heat heat remaining chili sauce.
15) Shred Cheddar cheese in processor fitted with shredding blade to measure 1 1/2 cups.
16) Chop reserved Romaine leaves into 1/2-inch-thick shreds.
17) Take out the baking dish from oven and pour warm chili sauce on the enchiladas.
18) Sprinkle grated cheese on the top, place in oven, and bake uncovered for 5 minutes.
19) Gently place 3 enchiladas to each of 4 plates. Decorate with shredded lettuce and radishes.