- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Chile and Pepper Bake Recipe
|Monterey jack cheese||4 Ounce|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||4 Ounce|
|Green pepper||1 Medium|
|Canned green chilies||4 Ounce, rinsed and seeded (1 Can)|
|Low fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cottage cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 258 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.1%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g47%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 189.4 mg
Sodium 522.2 mg21.8%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 17 g34.7%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 47.3%
Calcium 35.1% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a food processor bowl with a shredding disc, process the Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese until shredded.
3) In a processor bowl with a metal blade, process the onion, green pepper and green chiles until coarsely chopped.
4) In a skillet, saute the onion mixture in 1 tablespoon butter over a medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes or until soft and the liquid has evaporated, allow to slightly cool.
5) In a processor bowl with a metal blade process the eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, salt, chili powder and pepper for 5 seconds.
6) Turn off the machine, scrape down sides of bowl and
process for 10 seconds or until smooth.
7) In a medium mixing bowl, mix the cheese, cooked vegetables and egg mixture together.
8) In an oiled 8 x 8 inch baking dish, pour the mixture and bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until the custard is firm. Then allow to cool for 10 minutes.
9) Slice into squares and serve immediately on individual serving plates.