- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Chile and Lime Pickle Recipe
|Green chiles||1 Pound|
|Dry mustard||3 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Asafoetida||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Fenugreek leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2323 Calories from Fat 1964
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 226 g347%
Saturated Fat 28.9 g144.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 46559.5 mg1940%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g31.1%
Dietary Fiber 20.3 g81.3%
Sugars 30.5 g
Protein 15 g30.4%
Vitamin A 111.2% Vitamin C 2039.5%
Calcium 27.8% Iron 62.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse thoroughly the chiles, snapping off any stalks, and dry them well.
2) Cut the limes in half, extract the juice, and remove the flesh.
3) Now mix the lime juice with the mustard and salt.
4) Heat the oil until nearly boiling or near to smoking point.
5) Take off from the heat and add the asafetida, fenugreek, and turmeric.
6) Add in the mustard mixture and green chiles, mixing well.
7) Into clean glass or ceramic jars, transfer the mixture when cool and cover with nonmetallic, airtight lids.
Store in a cool, dark place or the refrigerator.
Serve when desired with main dish or snacks.