- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Beans Y All Won t Believe Recipe
|Green beans/Two 16 ounce cans green beans||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 557 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.5%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.8 mg
Sodium 671.9 mg28%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24.1%
Dietary Fiber 13.6 g54.6%
Sugars 50.3 g
Protein 15 g30.1%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.9% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Wash and remove the strings and ends of fresh beans and cut into 1 inch long pieces or leave whole.
3. Take a 2-quart saucepan, add small amount of boiling salted water and cook beans, covered, for about 20 to 25 minutes till crispy tender. Drain off excessive water. Keep aside.
4. Take a 10-inch skillet, add bacon and cook till it turns crispy.
5. Take off bacon from the skillet and crumble it. Keep aside the drippings in skillet.
6. Add vinegar and sugar to the drippings.
7. Take a 1 1/2-quart casserole, assemble half of crumbled bacon, beans and almonds to form a layer.
8. Repeat the layering process.
9. Top with crumbled drippings.
10. In the preheated oven, bake for 45 minutes or till thoroughly heated.
11. Serve immediately.
1. If canned beans is used, rinse and drain canned beans.