- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Beans with Walnuts Recipe
|Green beans||12 Ounce, split lengthwise|
|Chicken stock||2 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Shallots||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 71 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.2%
Saturated Fat 0.5 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.15 mg
Sodium 11.5 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 2 g4.5%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan boil water and steam the beans for about 5 minutes.
2) Keep a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
3) Add stock, walnuts, chives, shallots, garlic, and oil.
4) Stir fry for 5 minutes until shallots are tender.
5) Stir in beans and warm thoroughly.
6) Serve warm.