- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Beans with Pearl Onions HD Recipe Video
|Frozen pearl onions||16 Ounce, thawed|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grounded and divided|
|Green beans||3 Pound, cleaned and trimmed|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 283 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.6%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 286 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.5%
Sugars 9.9 g
Protein 8 g15.6%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 1.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large skillet add in the butter and melt.
2. Add in the pearl onions and cook, stirring, until brown.
3. Add in 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cook, stirring until the onions are glazed.
4. In a large saucepan of boiling water blanch the green beans for 5 minutes.
5. Drain, add in to the skillet with the onions, and toss to coat.
6. Season with remaining balsamic vinegar, salt and black pepper.
7. Take off the skillet from the heat; finish the green beans and onions with a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
8. Serve Green Beans with tossed bread and serve.