- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Beans Stew (Khoresht Loobia Sabz) Recipe Video
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, diced|
|Stew beef||1 Pound, cut into small pieces|
|Persian spice mix||To Taste|
|Turmeric||To Taste (Optional)|
|Boiling water||5 Cup (80 tbs) (as required)|
|Ground chili pepper||To Taste (Optional)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Green beans||1 Pound, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Potato||2 Small, peeled, diced|
Calories 285 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.4%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.1 mg6%
Sodium 593.2 mg24.7%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.4%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 10 g19.3%
Vitamin A 40.4% Vitamin C 36.5%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small pot fry the onions in vegetable oil until translucent. Add the chopped stew beef, stir and continue frying until the beef becomes brown.
2. Season with Persian spice mix or/and Turmeric and ground chili pepper, stir and continue frying for few more minutes.
3. Pour enough boiling water to cover the mixture by 2 inches (Approx. 11/2 cup). Cover with the lid and simmer for 75 minutes.
4. Add tomato paste and stir. Put the green beans and stir. Cover the pot with a lid and continue to simmer for 20 more minutes.
5. Put diced potatoes and add salt. Cover and continue cooking for another 15 minutes.
6. In a serving plate, serve it with white rice or bread of choice.