- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Beans Provencale Recipe
|Green beans||1 Liter, sliced (4 Cups)|
|Shallots||3 Large, minced|
|Sunflower oil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, chopped|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1 Dash|
Calories 137 Calories from Fat 21
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.6%
Saturated Fat 0.3 g1.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 22.5 mg0.9%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A 20.5% Vitamin C 22.8%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Steam the green beans until crisp-tender.
2) Place steamed green beans in ice cold water or rinse them to stop further cooking.
3) In a skillet, saute garlic and shallots in hot oil for 2-3 minutes or continue until shallots are transclucent.
4) Do not let the shallots turn brown.
5) To prevent scorching, add 1-2 drops of water.
6) Add tomatoes and simmer for few minutes, stirring ocassionaly until mixture is reduced to 1/3.
7) Add cooked beans to tomato paste along with cayenne and nutmeg.
8) Serve the hot beans as side dish in any of your meals.