- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Authentic Green Bean Provencal Recipe
|Sliced green beans||1 Liter (4 Cups)|
|Shallots||3 Large, minced|
|Sunflower oil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, chopped|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1 Dash|
Calories 140 Calories from Fat 19
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.3%
Saturated Fat 0.3 g1.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7.1 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.8%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 4 g8.8%
Vitamin A 20.5% Vitamin C 22.8%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Steam-cook the green beans until they become crisp and tender.
2. Rinse the beans in cold water or put them in ice cold water to stop them from cooking further.
3. In the meantime, in a skillet, heat oil and sauté the shallots for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Next, add the garlic and stir the shallots and garlic until they shallots become translucent.
5. Take care not to allow the condiments to turn brown.
6. Introduce a few water drops if needed so as to prevent scorching.
7. Add the tomatoes and allow the mixture to simmer with constant stirring until the mixture reduces to a third.
8. To the tomato mixture, mix green beans.
9. Next, faintly dust some nutmeg and cayenne.
10. Stir the mixture to combine well.
11. Serve piping hot.