- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Beans Paprika Recipe
|Green beans||1 Pound, cut into 1-inch pieces to make about 3 cups|
|Onions||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped|
|Sweet hungarian paprika||1 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 208
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.5%
Saturated Fat 14.3 g71.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.2 mg
Sodium 1509.4 mg62.9%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 5 g9.1%
Vitamin A 14.1% Vitamin C 4.6%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a 3-quart saucepan or soup kettle and allow 2 quarts of water and a teaspoon of salt to come to a bubbling boil in it over high heat.
2) Lower in the beans by handful.
3) Allow the water to come to a boil again and the lower the heat to medium.
4) Uncover and cook the beans for 10 to 15 minutes, until they are just tender.
5) Drain them at once in a sieve or colander.
6) In the casserole, melt butter and stir in onions when the foam subsides.
7) SautÃ© them for 4 or 5 minutes, until they are translucent.
8) Take them off from heat and mix in paprika, stirring continuously until the onions are well coated.
9) Beat flour into the sour cream using a wire whisk and then mix this with the mixture in skillet with the onions.
10) Season with salt and simmer the mixture for 4 or 5 minutes on low heat, until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
11) Mix in beans gently and then simmer the mixture again for about 5 minutes more until cooked well.
12) Serve at once.