- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Beans Chinese Style Recipe
|Green beans||1 Pound|
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Soy sauce/Dry sherry||To Taste|
Calories 106 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.7%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 263.3 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 2 g4.2%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.02% Iron 0.05%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash beans and trim off the ends.
2. Break them into 1-inch pieces
3. In a medium sauté pan, heat peanut oil over moderate heat.
4. Add the beans and toss in the oil until glazed.
5. Pour in water and add a generous pinch of salt and allow the water to come to a boil
6. Reduce heat, cover pan and steam beans for about 3 minutes.
7. Uncover and simmer for another 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until water has evaporated and beans are tender-crisp.
8. Stir in soy sauce or sherry according to preference.
9. Dish out immediately into a bowl.
10. Serve hot as a side to rice, grills or roasts. You can also use it to make a salad.