- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Beans BFFs Recipe Video
|Fresh green beans||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Italian sausage||3 Large|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped finely|
|Yellow onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Romano cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shaved|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slivered|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste (Optional)|
Calories 531 Calories from Fat 332
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g57.7%
Saturated Fat 12 g60.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.1 mg
Sodium 786.3 mg32.8%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.4%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 25 g50.2%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 32.5% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and cut off tips of the green beans.
2. In a saucepan, boil green beans until soft. Set aside.
3. In a frying pan, heat oil and sauté onion, garlic and sausage until golden brown.
4. In a frying pan, heat oil and add green beans, wine, almonds and stir. Cook until almonds are light brown.
5. Add Romano cheese, salt and pepper.
6. Serve it hot.