- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Beans And Cabbage Paprikash Recipe
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Fresh green beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Fresh green beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Unsalted defatted chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs), reduced to 1/2 cup|
|Defatted unsalted chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs), reduced to 1/2 cup|
|Hungarian paprika||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Imported Variety)|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green cabbage||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 119 Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.3%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg2.7%
Sodium 72 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.5%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 5 g9.1%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 52%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
2. Add the onion and stir-fry for about 2 minutes , until lightly browned.
3. Add the beans and garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute more.
4. Add the reduced broth, the paprika, and tomato sauce and stir them in.
5. Cover the skillet or wok and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat and cook for about 6 minutes, until the beans are crisp-tender.
7. Add the cabbage, and cook covered for 2 minutes more.
8. Remove the cover and continue cooking over high heat until the liquid is reduced to a glaze.
9. Season with lemon juice and black pepper and serve hot.