- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Beans and Braised Lamb Recipe
|Green beans||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Lamb arm chops||2 Pound|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grated|
|Sweet red peppers||2|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2268 Calories from Fat 874
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 98 g150.5%
Saturated Fat 24.8 g123.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 600 mg
Sodium 1317 mg54.9%
Total Carbohydrates 157 g52.5%
Dietary Fiber 49.1 g196.3%
Sugars 47 g
Protein 206 g411.1%
Vitamin A 222.1% Vitamin C 685.5%
Calcium 32.6% Iron 46.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350°.
2) Wash, trim beans and, if necessary, remove strings.
3) Cut into 2 inch lengths.
4) Over the bottom of large ovenproof dish, spread the beans.
5) Trim lamb, removing excess fat.
6) Peel onions and cut into wedges.
7) Seed and slice peppers.
8) Heat oil in a large skillet.
9) Fry lamb in oil until brown on all sides.
10) Drain and arrange on top of beans in casserole.
11) Fry onion in oil until golden.
12) With a spoon, break up tomatoes in their juice.
13) Add to onions with salt, pepper, allspice and nutmeg, stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
14) Add peppers to casserole with tomato mixture.
15) Cover tightly and cook in oven for 1 1/2 hours.
16) Serve lamb and beans with boiled rice.