- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bean and Green Soup Recipe Video
|Butternut squash||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled and chopped|
|Carrot||6 Small, chopped (or 2 large)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||2 Teaspoon, smoked|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Soup mix||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh spinach||2 Cup (32 tbs), roughly chopped|
|Chard||1 Cup (16 tbs), stems removed, roughly chopped|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 128 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.6%
Saturated Fat 0.35 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2577.9 mg107.4%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.5%
Sugars 10.8 g
Protein 4 g7.6%
Vitamin A 408.1% Vitamin C 40.5%
Calcium 8% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Add beans and water to Crock Pot.
2. Cook overnight on low (about 8-10 hours).
3. Add all remaining ingredients except spinach, chard and balsamic vinegar.
4. Cook on low for 8-10 hours (or on high for 4-6).
5. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
6. An hour before serving, add chard and spinach.
7. Right before serving, add balsamic vinegar. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
8. Serve warm
Would be great with ham, chicken or beef, and with bacon crumbled on top. I will serve with Herbs de Provence and Parmesan Buttermilk Biscuits.
For more information, visit the blog entry Bean and Green Soup.