- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Beams Au Garlic Recipe
|Young green beans||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 , chopped|
|Garlic head||1 , peeled and crushed|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Salad oil/Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 417 Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.1%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 515.2 mg21.5%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 13.1 g52.3%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 8 g15.9%
Vitamin A 36.1% Vitamin C 48.1%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash beans, trim, and cut in half if too long.
2. Cook the beans in uncovered condition in boiling water or via steam for 15 minutes until the beans become crisp-tender.
3. Do not overcook the beans.
4. Drain the beans and set them aside.
5. Take a separate pan sautÃ© the onions in oil until the onions become soft and tender.
6. Add paprika in it and cook for more one minute more.
7. Add tomatoes, garlic, parsley, and salt in it.
8. Simmer on low heat for 8-10 minutes with occasional stirring.
9. Add beans in it and mix all ingredients together.
10. Refrigerate the preparation until the dish is to be served.