- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Green And Gold Salad Recipe
|Canned gooseberries||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Lemon flavored gelatin||2 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Celery slices||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Broken california walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1990 Calories from Fat 697
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g127.3%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 515.3 mg21.5%
Total Carbohydrates 311 g103.6%
Dietary Fiber 19.9 g79.8%
Sugars 199.2 g
Protein 17 g34.9%
Vitamin A 53.9% Vitamin C 501.3%
Calcium 30.9% Iron 40.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Drain and reseve the syrup from the gooseberries and level to 1 3/4 cups with water.
2) Bring the syrup mixture to boil and stir in the gelatin to dissolve.
3) Stir in rest of the 3/4 cup syrup mixture and orange juice, then refrigerate until slightly firm.
4) Gently fold in the celery, nuts and gooseberries, blend well.
5) In a 6x10x1 1/2-inch baking dish, pour the mixture and refrigerate until set.
6) Slice into square shapes, garnish with orange segments and serve immediately over a bed of lettuce.