- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Greek Cook:Greek Winter Salad Recipe Video
|Shredded white cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs) (a handful)|
|Shredded red cabbage||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 , cut into fine strips|
|Red pepper||1 , chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Green apple||1 , chopped|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mustard paste||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 460 Calories from Fat 387
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.8%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 158.5 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 2 g3.7%
Vitamin A 76.9% Vitamin C 157.7%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In blender, combine corn oil, vinegar, water, honey, salt, and mustard. Blend to combine.
2. Stream in olive oil and blend to get desired consistency. Add more water or oil if needed.
3. In a bowl, add white cabbage, red cabbage, carrot, red pepper, green pepper, and apple.
4. Pour dressing and toss well.
5. Sprinkle sesame on top and serve immediately.