- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Greek Taverna Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Large, chop|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ouzo||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground meat||1 Pound|
|Garlic||3 Tablespoon (2 tablespoons minced, 1 tablespoon chopped)|
|Ground cumin||1 Tablespoon|
|Regular salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (3/4 cup for deep frying; 1 tablespoon for the mushroom sauce)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mushroom||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Steak sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Kefalograviera||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5905 Calories from Fat 3914
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 437 g672.4%
Saturated Fat 87.2 g436.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 709.2 mg236.4%
Sodium 7167.9 mg298.7%
Total Carbohydrates 192 g63.9%
Dietary Fiber 16.3 g65.3%
Sugars 27.9 g
Protein 157 g314.8%
Vitamin A 29.5% Vitamin C 80.3%
Calcium 52.8% Iron 131.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, mix the onions, eggs, bread crumbs, olive oil, 1/2 cup ouzo, ground black pepper, minced garlic, cumin, salt and ground meat and mix it up with your hands.
2. Roll into balls.
3. On a plate, spread the flour and coat the meatballs with flour.
4. Heat a pan of oil and deep fry the meatballs for 3 minutes and turn to other side.
5. In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and add 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic, mushrooms and butter and saute.
6. Add 1/4 cup ouzo and flambe.
7. Add steak sauce and tomato sauce and continue to cook.
8. Add Kefalograviera and place in the broiler to melt for 2-5 minutes.
9. Plate the meatballs and top with the mushroom sauce and serve as main course.