- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Greek Style Fiesta Chicken Recipe Video
|Chicken breast/2 whole chicken||5 Large|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped (for garnish)|
|Garlic||1 Small, minced|
|Fresh oregano||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Spanish olive||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Capers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Caper juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced|
Calories 403 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.4%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84.1 mg
Sodium 870.2 mg36.3%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.92 g3.7%
Sugars 21.1 g
Protein 36 g71.5%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 20.4%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. In a bowl, put garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, olive oil, Spanish olives, capers, caper juice, mushrooms and bay leaves. Mix all these ingredients with a spatula.
3. Place the chicken in a large bowl and pour the marinade over the chicken. Cover the bowl and keep in refrigerator overnight.
4. In a large baking dish, place the marinated chicken and spoon over the remaining marinade.
5. Add brown sugar evenly and pour white wine over the chicken.
6. Bake it in the oven at 350 degree F for 50 minutes.
7. Remove the chicken from the oven and transfer to a serving platter. Spoon the marinade over the top. Garnish with parsley.
8. Serve the Fiesta Chicken with fresh green salads.