- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Greek Style Beef N Mac Bake Recipe
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Condensed golden mushroom soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Cooked elbow macaroni||3 Cup (48 tbs) (About 1 1/2 Cups Dry)|
|Cherry tomato||4 , cut into quarters (For Garnish)|
|Pitted ripe olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), pitted (For Garnish)|
|Fresh parsley sprigs||2 (For Garnish)|
Calories 497 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.2%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.9 mg
Sodium 762.3 mg31.8%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 23 g45.1%
Vitamin A 20.9% Vitamin C 39.8%
Calcium 14% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish or casserole.
3. Heat a large skillet or saucepan over high heat.
4. Add first 3 ingredients and sautÃ© until the meat is no longer pink and onion is soft.
5. Drain out the fat.
6. Add tomatoes juice and bring to a boil.
7. When bubbly, reduce heat to low.
8. Simmer sauce for 5 minutes
9. In the meantime, in a bowl, combine the soup, milk, cheese and egg and blend well.
10. Stir in macaroni
11. In the baking dish spoon the meat mixture then top with macaroni.
12. Place dish on middle level of preheat oven and bake for about 30 minutes until heated through.
13. Turn off the oven heat and let dish stand for 10 minutes.
14. Take the Greek Style Beef N Mac Bake straight to the table after garnishing with olives, parsley and tomatoes.
15. Enjoy warm as a hearty meal.