- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Greek Salad Recipe
|Romaine lettuce leaves||8 , torn into 1-inch pieces (Preferably The Pale Green Inner Leaves)|
|Seedless cucumber||1⁄2 , peeled, quartered lengthwise, and cubed (Hothouse)|
|Hothouse seedless cucumber||1⁄2 , peeled, quartered lengthwise, and cubed|
|Lemon garlic vinaigrette||4 Tablespoon|
|Ripe plum tomatoes||4 , cut into 8 wedges each|
|Scallions||2 , 3 inches of green left on, thinly sliced on the diagonal|
|Scallions||2 , thinly sliced on the diagonal (3 Inches Of Green Left On)|
|Flat leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped flat leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peasant bread slices||4 , lightly toasted (Round, 1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Round peasant bread slice||4 , lightly toasted (1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Kalamata olive puree||4 Tablespoon|
|Feta cheese||8 Ounce, coarsely crumbled|
|Crumbled feta cheese||8 Ounce|
|Kalamata olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red bell peppers||2 , quartered and roasted|
|Fresh mint leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped fresh mint leaves||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 411 Calories from Fat 243
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.5%
Saturated Fat 9 g44.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.5 mg
Sodium 1518.6 mg63.3%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.6%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 13 g25.4%
Vitamin A 97.2% Vitamin C 171.7%
Calcium 41.2% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, toss together the lettuce leaves, cucumber, and 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and set aside.
2) In another bowl, toss the tomatoes, scallions, and parsley with the remaining 2 table-spoons vinaigrette and set aside.
3) On each slice of the toast, spread 1 table-spoon olive puree each.
4) Place on the side of 4 large plates.
5) On these plates, divide and arrange the greens.
6) On top of the greens, spoon the tomato mixture.
7) Top with the feta cheese and garnish with a few olives.
8) Lay 2 pieces of pepper decoratively on each salad.
9) Serve immediately, garnished with mint leaves.