- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Greek Salad Recipe Video
|Romaine lettuce/Romaine lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs), chop|
|Cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs), slice|
|Tomatoes||2 Small, slice|
|Kalamata olive||1 Centiliter|
|Oregano powder||1 Pinch|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt & pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Feta cheese slice||3 Small|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 581 Calories from Fat 459
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77.4%
Saturated Fat 14.8 g74.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.8 mg24.9%
Sodium 2694.1 mg112.3%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.2%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 15 g29.8%
Vitamin A 127.6% Vitamin C 67.8%
Calcium 47.6% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Firstly, roughly chop your washed lettuce and place on a plate, then season with salt and pepper.
2. Then slice your cucumber (skin it first if you prefer) and quarter your tomatoes.
3. Arrange these in a nice pattern around the edge of the plate.
4. Drizzle generously with olive oil and the juice of half a lemon and then lay the feta cheese slices on the top of the lettuce and drizzle with olive oil again.
5. Add some olives to the salad and then sprinkle a good pinch of oregano, (freshly-chopped if you have it) or dried is fine, on to the feta cheese.
6. Ready to be eaten, fresh, healthy and tasty Greek salad served along with pita bread or a side dish for a Moussaka.