- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Greek Meatballs Recipe
|Minced round steak||12 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped mint||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Plain flour||1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (For Frying)|
Calories 612 Calories from Fat 331
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.2%
Saturated Fat 15.1 g75.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 207 mg69%
Sodium 1248.8 mg52%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 43 g86.4%
Vitamin A 26.9% Vitamin C 31.8%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Chop the onion finely.
2) In cold water, soak the toast and squeeze it dry.
3) In a bowl, put the meat and add the toast, onion and all the remaining ingredients expect for the flour and butter.
4) Blend all the ingredients together properly. Lightly mix.
5) Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
6) Shape the mixture into small balls which are about an inch in diameter.
7) With some flour, dust the meat balls evenly.
8) In a frying pan, melt the butter and brown the meat balls on all sides till they are cooked. At a time, cook only one layer. Drain the meat balls.
9) Pierce the balls with cocktail sticks.
10) Serve hot with a bowl of mustard of spicy tomato sauce.