- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Greek Lentil Salad Recipe
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lentils||2 Ounce, uncooked|
|Red bell pepper||To Taste|
|Yellow pepper||To Taste|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Capers||2 Tablespoon, drained|
|Mint||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Feta cheese||1 Ounce, crumbled|
Calories 116 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.3 mg
Sodium 149.2 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.1%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 6 g11.3%
Vitamin A 44% Vitamin C 22.4%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1.Take a 3 quart saucepan and pour in the ater.
2. Let the water boil. Add in the lentils and stir cook over hihg heat for about 25 to 30 minutes.
3.Meanwhile, roast the peppers.
4. Preheat the broiler.
5.Take a baking sheet and line it with heavy duty foil.
6. Broil the peppers at 3 inches from the heat.
7. Let char on all sides.
8. Cool the pepper for about 15 to 20 minutes.
9.Peel the peppers and remove stem and seeds.
10.Cut them into strips and keep aside.
11. Strain the cooked lentils. Reserve about 1/4 of the cooking liquid.
12. Take a mixing bowl, out in the cooked lentils and mix them with scallions. Keep aside.
13. In another small mixing bowl, mix together cooking liquid, capers, mint, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and pour it over the lentil mixture. Coat thoroughly.
14.Cover and place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
15.Take the serving platter and line it with lettuce leaves.
16. Trasnfer lentil mixture to center of lettuce layer.
17. Arrange the peppers on the lettuce.
18. Top with feta cheese and serve.