- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Greek Lamb Stew Recipe
|Lamb shoulder||2 1⁄2 Pound, cubed|
|Lamb shoulder||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||3 Medium, chopped to make 1 1/2 cups|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Eggplant||1 Small, peeled and cubed|
|Green pepper||1 Large, seeded and cubed|
|Elbow macaroni||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked (From A 1 Pound Package)|
Calories 1145 Calories from Fat 671
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g114.8%
Saturated Fat 28 g139.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 201.3 mg
Sodium 1420 mg59.2%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49.1%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 58 g116.4%
Vitamin A 38.7% Vitamin C 126.6%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 50.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In oil in a Dutch oven, lightly saute the lamb until brown, remove and keep aside.
2) Stir in the garlic and onions and saute for 5 minutes or until soft.
3) Then stir in the lamb cubes, tomatoes, tomato sauce water, salt, marjoram and pepper. Then bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
4) Stir in the eggplant, green pepper and macaroni, then cook for another 30 minutes, or until meat and macaroni are tender.
5) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.