- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Greek Lamb Patties Recipe
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground lamb||2 Pound|
|Dried mint||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth/Water||13 Ounce (1 can)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 413 Calories from Fat 286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135.6 mg
Sodium 281.2 mg11.7%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 22 g43.5%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 16.6%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and sauté onion in it until soft.
2) Take a large bowl and mix together lamb with salt, pepper, mint, bread crumbs, tomato juice, and onion mixture in it until well-blended.
3) Figure the mixture into 8 patties about 3/4 inch thick.
4) In the same frying pan, fry patties slowly for 20 minutes in remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil until brown, tossing once.
5) In the meantime, into a 2-cup measure, pour chicken broth and then pour in water to make 2 cups.
6) In a medium-size saucepan, mix a small amount of broth with cornstarch until smooth and add in the remaining broth.
7) Stir cook the sauce for 3 minutes to thicken.
8) Take a small bowl; whip eggs until light in it and then mix in about half of the hot chicken sauce.
9) Pour this egg mixture back into remaining sauce in pan and stir cook for 1 minute.
10) Take off the mixture from heat and pour in lemon juice.
11) Pass the chicken sauce separately at the table to pour over lamb patties.