- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ground pepper||2 Pinch|
|Canned garbanzo beans||31 Ounce|
|Fresh basil||50 Gram|
|Cucumber||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Red onion||1⁄2 , sliced|
|Olives||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
Calories 731 Calories from Fat 386
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.4%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2058.9 mg85.8%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.3%
Dietary Fiber 21.1 g84.2%
Sugars 14.5 g
Protein 33 g65.1%
Vitamin A 35.4% Vitamin C 49.3%
Calcium 25% Iron 42.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a container with a lid, put olive oil, red wine vinegar, fresh lemon juice, dried oregano, garlic powder, ground pepper and salt, put the lid , give it a good shake and set it aside.
2. In a bowl, put the cubed tofu and pour the dressing over the tofu and give it a turn and let it sit for 2 hours.
3. In a large bowl, place the garbanzo beans, add the cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion and olives and give it it a good mix.
4. Add minced fresh garlic, add in the marinated tofu and toss gently to combine well.
5. Garnish the salad with fresh basil and the fresh salad is ready to be served.