- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Greek Fruit and Nut Pastries Recipe
|Clear honey||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Strong brewed coffee||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Candied citrus peel||3 Ounce, finely chopped (75 Gram / 1/2 Cup, Mixed)|
|Walnuts||6 Ounce, chopped (75 Gram / 1 1/2 Cups)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Tablespoon (For Glaze)|
|Superfine caster sugar||1 Tablespoon (For Sprinkling)|
|Plain flour||1 Pound (450 Gram / 4 Cups, All Purpose)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||5 Ounce (150 Gram / 2/3 Cup)|
|Superfine caster sugar||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Chilled milk||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter / 1/2 Cup)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4458 Calories from Fat 2111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 246 g377.7%
Saturated Fat 91.2 g456.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 529.6 mg
Sodium 598.3 mg24.9%
Total Carbohydrates 521 g173.7%
Dietary Fiber 25.5 g102%
Sugars 131.2 g
Protein 66 g132.2%
Vitamin A 79.3% Vitamin C 4.4%
Calcium 63.8% Iron 47.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Beat the egg and milk together and pour into the well in the dry ingredients. Mix to a soft dough. Divide the dough into two and wrap each piece in clear film (plastic wrap). Chill for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix the honey and coffee in a mixing bowl. Add the candied peel, walnuts and nutmeg. Stir well, cover and leave for 20 minutes.
4. Roll out one portion of the dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 3mm/1/8in. Stamp out rounds, using a 10cm/ 4in plain pastry cutter.
5. Place a heaped teaspoonful of filling on one side of each round. Brush the edges with a little milk, then fold over and press together to seal. Repeat with the second piece of pastry until all the filling has been used.
6. Place the pastries on lightly greased baking sheets, brush with a little milk and sprinkle with caster sugar. Make a steam hole in each with a skewer. Bake for 35 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.