- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Greek Egg Lemon Soup Recipe
|Instant chicken broth||4 3⁄4 Ounce (Four 1.2 Ounce Packages)|
|Rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Egg substitute||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Equivalent To 3 Eggs)|
Calories 230 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.3%
Saturated Fat 0.89 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.9 mg
Sodium 584 mg24.3%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.21 g0.84%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 6 g11.9%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 11.9%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan,allow water to boil.
2) Now add chicken broth and mix well until dissolved.
3) Add rice and cook until soft.
4) Remove from heat.
5) Allow the egg substitute to cool.
6) Slowly fold in lemon juice into egg substitute.
7) Whip half the broth, adding a little quantityat a time, into egg substitute mixture.
8) Ladle egg substitute mixture back into remaining broth, stirring well.
9) Return to low heat and cook, stirring all the while, till the soup slightly thickens and reaches the required consistency.
10) Serve hot.