- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Greek Egg and Lemon Soup Recipe
|Chicken stock||2 Pint (Generously 1 Liter)|
|Long grain rice||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly milled|
|Lemon||1⁄2 Small, juice extracted|
Calories 87 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.2%
Saturated Fat 0.78 g3.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.5 mg
Sodium 238.8 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.1 g0.39%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a boil.
2. Add rice and re-boil.
3. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 10 minutes until the rice is cooked.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. In a cup, beat eggs and lemon juice together.
6. Spoon a little hot broth and add to the egg; mix well.
7. Stir in the egg mixture into the stock and rice.
8. Stir continuously and heat the soup over a low heat; do not boil.
9. Serve piping hot.